YOU ARE HERE: HomePolicies & ProceduresFinancial AidState AidState Aid

State Aid

Many states provide generous merit and need-based grants. Students applying for funding from New York State must be a legal resident of New York State. Residency during college attendance is not sufficient to meet New York State residency regulations. A student must be enrolled and making academic progress in an eligible program of study to receive state aid. New York residents may apply at or Students will receive an award notification directly from NYS Higher Education Service Corp., (HESC).

The Senator Jose Peralta New York State DREAM ACT gives undocumented and other students access to New York State-administered grants and scholarships. To determine eligibility and apply, visit