YOU ARE HERE: HomePolicies & ProceduresFinancial AidState AidGraduates of High Schools Outside the United States

Graduates of High Schools Outside of the United States and Home Schooled Graduates
Students receiving state aid who were home schooled or do not have a certificate of graduation from a recognized school within the United States providing secondary education (a high school diploma or recognized equivalent), must obtain a "passing score on a federally approved ability-to-benefit (ATB) test that has been independently administered and evaluated as defined by the Commissioner of the State Education Department" in order to receive New York State funded grants or scholarships. The ATB test must be taken prior to the end of the College's add/drop period to be considered for NY State aid for that semester. To schedule the Ability to Benefit test contact the Placement Testing Office at 516.572.9604 or