Center for Students With Disabilities
The College provides the following support services for students with documented physical,hearing,visual,psychiatric,
and learning disabilities:
- academic, career and personal counseling removal of architectural and attitudinal
- priority registration
- group tutoring in math, organizational and study skills
- appropriate classroom and testing accommodations
- sign language interpreters
- adapted computer access
- cultural program
- referrals to other campus services
- clarifying goals and decision-making
The Center is located in Building U, 516.572.7241. Call for office hours or visit
us on line at www.ncc.edu/CSD.
It is the responsibility of the student to identify himself or herself as disabled
upon entrance to the College, by notifying the Center for Students with Disabilities.
Since each type of disability varies, the documentation needed by the CSD office will
also vary. Individuals needing accommodations are strongly encouraged to contact the
Center for Students with Disabilities, which is located in Building U. The Center
can be reached by voice telephone at 516.572.7241 or TTY at 516.572.7617. The Center
is partially funded by a TRIO Grant through the U.S. Department of Education. Call
for office hours.